Did not find what you were looking for?

Google

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hassan

I haven't heard a joke translated from Arabic to English smoothly until recently. There is always that technical difficulty accompanying the translation of jokes from one culture to another in order to convey the humor. To hear a joke that has crossed this barrier is quite refreshing. I was delighted to stumble upon the "Hassan" joke when watching one of Omid Djalili's comedy acts. I am not sure exactly where the joke originated from, or why it is called "Hassan", but I used to hear it a lot when I was a kid, and I would bubble with laughter everytime. I've discovered Omid Djalili lately, and I think he is a marvelous comedian. Djalili is originally from Iran, but he is considered one of the top comedians in England. He is also a seasoned actor who appeared in many films. Here is the video:


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online